Tallest Building in UK: All You Need To Know

Tallest Building in UK: All You Need To Know

Uk is a beautiful country, and no doubt it is a very famous tourist spot.

But one thing for which the UK never got famous is its skyscrapers. Uk has a lot of skyscrapers but none of them can be compared to the buildings in the United States or UAE.

But today in this blog I will talk about the tallest building in the UK.

Do you know which one it is? 

If you don’t know then don’t worry folk, today I will take you on a small ‘trip’ to the tallest building in the UK, the Shard. 

Which is The Tallest Building in The UK?

The Shard is the tallest building in the UK. here are some more facts about the Shard.

Quick Information on The Shard

Other popular names.  Shard of Glass, Shard London bridge. 
Location  London 
Construction started in March 2009 
Construction completed on  July 2012
Height  309.6 m (1,016 ft) 
A number of floors.  95 (only 72 are habitable) 
Architect  Renzo Piano 
Developer  Sellar Property Group. 
Website  https://www.the-shard.com/ 

About Shard

Shard is the tallest building in the UK and is the 7th tallest in Europe. It is also known with the names of Shard of Glass and Shard London Bridge. It is located in London, the United Kingdom, and is built on the site of Southwark Tower, a 24 story building.

 It is a 95 story building with 72 occupied floors. The height of the building is 309.6m with an observatory at a height of 244m. 

This piece of art was architected by Renzo Piano.

The construction of this building was started in March 2009 and the building was finally completed in July 2012.

95% of the Shard rights are owned by the State of Qatar and the remaining 5% is owned by the Sellar property groups.

Purpose of The Building

The building has multiple purposes. It has malls, 7 restaurants, and bars, a hotel named Shangri-la hotel, luxurious flats, and multiple offices. 

It also has an observatory, which attracts a lot of tourists. 

Its beautiful shape and architecture are the main reason for the hype it gets from tourists as well as from locals.

You May Like Also: Smallest House in Britain

Some Frequently Asked Questions about The Shard

Here are some frequently googled questions about The Shard.

How much is a meal in the Shard?

Dinning at the Shard is not cheap, after all, you are at the tallest building in the UK.

You can expect a minimum of $131 per person.

Can you go to the Shard for free?

Luckily, there are no entry fees at the Shrad, the entry is completely free. All you have to pay for is the food and drinks that you will be purchasing.

Why is Shard famous?

Shard is famous because of its amazing architecture and looks. It is also the tallest building in the UK.

Who Owns The Shard?

95% of the Shard rights are owned by the State of Qatar and the remaining 5% is owned by the Sellar property groups.

You May Like Also: What Is The Longest River In The Uk?

Parting Words

So this was about the Shard. This magnificent building attracts many tourists each year and also houses many luxurious restaurants and apartments.

It is surely a place for the rich but luckily you can visit there for free.

So, what do you like about the Shard?

Tell us in the comment section.

Read Also:

5 thoughts on “Tallest Building in UK: All You Need To Know

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top