The design of the coin was done by Dominique Evans that featured the words: Diversity Built Britain. it was the imagery of connected triangles that symbolizes the connections between every community across the country.
The coin was commissioned by the Chancellor, Rishi Sunak in order to be a part of the plan that includes a wider range of people on noted and coins in the coming future.
The designer of the diversity built Britain 50p, also designed coins to mark VE day, as well as the sapphire coronation and Jane Austen.
There are more in the series, therefore it is good news for the collectors, as they can complete their whole set.
But if you find a copy of the rare coin in your collection, know how much it is worth. In this article, we will be talking about how much the diversity built Britain 50p is worth. Other than that we are going to mention every tiny detail in this article about the coin.
Rareness Of Diversity Built Britain 50p
According to the source, there are 10,3000,000 of the diverse built Britain coins, that are currently in circulation. If we compare it to other coin fan favorites, this coin is not that rare.
This particular coin holds the 59th position on Change Checker’s Scarcity Index. It says that the mintage figure is high enough for a commemorative coin, therefore it is good news for the collectors to have a chance in finding one in their change.
But since it is not that rare, and no one is going to get much profit out of it by selling, therefore sellers might be missing out instead. In the same scarcity index, this particular coin is beating the other new entries in the coin circuit.
The Diversity Built Britain 50p coin is a few steps ahead of the Paddington Bear collection, it is also rarer than the 2016 team GB 50p as well as the UK withdrawal from the European Union 50p.
Worthiness Of Diversity Built Britain 50p
In eBay Diversity Built Britain 50p was sold for 350 dollars which was captioned “very rare”. But this incident happened in October, done by a lone bidder.
There was another copy that the Sun found and sold for 12.50 dollars on eBay, this happened with 14 bids that were placed in contrast proving it to be more popular for the coin.
Commemorative coins are capable of fetching a fair amount on auction sites like eBay, therefore making it common for sellers to make a good profit from something like a low value as a 50p at face value.
You May Like Also: Is The William Shakespeare £2 Coin Valuable?
Since the coin is new, there are not many listings on eBay currently. The royal mint reveals that one silver proof version of the Diversity Built Britain 50p coin is 2,500 dollars and it is worth almost 102.50 dollars.
According to the Royal Mint, this coin is not the only limited edition design kicking around but there is a gold-proof piedfort that’s even rarer with 200 mint. It is worth 2, 130 dollars.
They are unlikely to be found in the change though as they are not circulated anymore, therefore making it designed intentionally for the collectors. But if you want to complete your collection you should look out.
Sources say that the value f the commemorative coins aren’t guaranteed therefore the value of the coins can change from one day to the next.
The Worth Of Change
Here are ways through which you can understand the worth of your change. Read them properly.
- Coins that hold low mintage are often the most valuable to the collectors, so look out for these in your change and you could be squids-in.
- Another way of spotting one is to look for unique designs on the coin.
- The images that are found on the obverse are created to commemorate an event or maybe a location along with a span of time in history.
- Did you know that there is a whole collection of rare Olympic 50p coins? You can fetch a pretty penny on eBay for that. All you have to do is look at your change because it might be there as the introduction of the coin was after London 2012 games.
- Rare error coins are as well popular with collectors.
- On eBay, you can see the selling value of the coin. Search the full name of the coin then select the sold listing and toggle the search to the highest value.
- Be always aware of the fakes circulating online, these won’t be giving as much as in value, so there will be chances of you cashing out on the wrong thing.
Here you go with Diversity Built Britain 50p. The entire article has been written on the topic only as well as talks about its worth of it.
Coins are historical souvenirs, especially for collectors, as they are passionate about collecting old coins. Some do that for earning money through it and some just love buying them and looking at them for the rest of their life.
Leave a comment in the comment section and share your experience with us.
You May Like Also: